This book isn’t just a book of positive quotes. It’s a resource you can turn to each day to help you improve your life and career by cultivating positive thoughts that help you overcome challenges, negativity, and adversity. The more positivity we develop on the inside, the stronger and more resilient we become in facing the world on the outside. Positivity is a muscle and we can develop it.
5 ways to be more positive
- Count the things and people in your life you’re blessed to have. It’s impossible to feel stressed and thankful at the same time.
- Frame your challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Don’t listen and follow your negative thoughts.
- Feed yourself with positive people and things.
- Choose faith instead of fear.
6 ways to get better
- Be humble and hungry.
- Double down on your strengths and what matters most. Remember 80/20 rule.
- Tune out distractions as much as you can.
- See life and people as teachers you can learn from each day.
- Help others get better with you.
- Care more. Put more time, effort and passion into crafting your work.
5Fs for team success
- Fight for each other.
- Faith, keep believing.
- Fun, enjoy the process.
- Focus, tune out distractions.
- Finish, strong.
2 Keys to help you be your best
- Failure does not define you. Failure refines you and gives you opportunity to come back as a greater version of yourself. Sometimes, failure is necessary to find your destiny.
- Ignore the nay-sayers. Show up and do the work. You have a purpose and you’re meant to bring it to life and share with the world.
3 Truths about leadership
- Leaders don’t gain power. Leaders empower others.
- Great leaders succeed because they see and bring out the greatness in others.
- Leaders don’t have to be great to serve. But they have to serve to be great.
5 Ways to love your passengers today
- Make time for the people who love and admire you.
- Listen to them.
- Recognize them.
- Serve them.
- Bring out the best in them.
3 Reminders for you today
- You don’t have to be perfect to start. But you have to start to be perfect.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- The best is yet to come.
20 Things we should say more often
- I love you.
- I believe in you.
- You’re worthy. You deserve it.
- The best is yet to come.
- Stay positive.
- I was wrong. I’m sorry.
- How can I help?
- I’m here for you, if you want to talk.
- You can do it.
- You’ve got this.
- Please forgive me.
- I forgive you.
- I’ve got your back.
- I’m open to your feedback. Make me better.
- You’re not alone.
- Even if we disagree, we can still be friends.
- You matter.
- Thank you.
- There is greatness inside you.
Focus on your mental and emotional fitness today
- Take a daily gratitude walk.
- Eliminate complaining and focus on solutions.
- See every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
Tell yourself these 5 things today
- You’re loved.
- You matter.
- It’s okay to fail. Everyone does.
- Fear is normal. Don’t worry about the outcome. Go for it!
- Smile, you’ve got this!
5 Ways to be a positive communicator today
- Shout praise, whisper criticism.
- Encourage others.
- Smile more.
- Don’t complain.
- Welcome feedback.
- Recognize and celebrate the unique gifts and potential of people.
- Lift people up by challenging them to become who they want to be.
- Affirm their worth, tell them they’re part of something bigger and they’re loved.
Today I will
- Attack this day with enthusiasm.
- Stay positive.
- Stay thankful.
- Keep learning to improve and grow.
- Be a blessing to people around me.
5 Things to do instead of complaining
- Practice gratitude
- Praise others
- Focus on success
- Let go
20 Ways to get mentally tough at work, in sports and in life
- When you face a setback, think of it as a defining moment that will lead to future success.
- When you face an adversity, affirm yourself the best don’t just face adversity – they embrace it. Knowing adversity isn’t a dead end but a detour to something greater and better is just what you need.
- When you face negative people, remember everyone has the power to overcome negativity and define themselves.
- When you face naysayers, remember the people who believe in you and sing your praises.
- When you face critics, remember to tune them out and focus on the best you can be.
- When you wake up in the morning, take a morning walk of gratitude and prayer.
- When you feel fear, replace it with faith. Let faith be your greater companion than fear.
- When you fail, find the lesson in it. When you succeed, find the lesson in it.
- When you head into battle, visualize success.
- When you’re thinking about the past or worrying about the future, focus on the present moment. The now is where your power is the greatest.
- When you want to complain, shift your attention to how you can find a solution.
- When your self-doubt crowds your mind, replace it with positive thoughts and self-talk.
- When you feel distraction coming, focus on your breathing. Stay in the presence and observe your surroundings. Get in the zone.
- When you feel all is impossible, know that all things are possible.
- When you feel alone, remember all people who have helped you along the way and will stay with you until you reach your destination.
- When you feel lost, pray for guidance.
- When you’re tired, resist the temptation to give in. Finish strong.
- When you feel like it’s over, know all things you can do and people who gives you strength.
- When you feel like it’s getting out of hand, focus on what you can control and let go of what you can’t.
- When you feel like you’re on the line and everyone is watching you, smile. Have fun. Life is short and you only live it once. You have nothing to lose. So, go ahead and seize the moment.