Relationships―particularly marriages―are about imperfect people coming together to work on their individual flaws and emerge stronger together. Relationship Grit inspires and motivates you to engage in this remarkable and rewarding process.
G = God
A cord of three strands is not easily broken.
R = Resolve
It’s often easier to just give up and let go. Great relationships require a willingness to stick together and to change for the better together.
I = Invest
To invest in a great relationship means not to act like you’re two separate teams. You must share energy and time to become one team who supports each other when you need it most.
T = Together
When you have a GRIT in your relationships, you don’t have up easily when things go hard. You go through the hard things together, work together, invest in the relationships together and in the process, you become stronger together.
22 Great Tips for a Great Relationship from Kathryn and Jon
- Bring god into your relationship.
- Communicate your expectations.
- Have a shared vision.
- Don’t compete. Instead cheer on your mate.
- Give compliments.
- Don’t keep score. Love will never be equal.
- Appreciate your differences.
- Teach them how to treat you.
- Agree to disagree. You won’t always see eye to eye.
- Do the things that make your partner happy. Avoid doing things that don’t.
- Take time to be intimate.
- Heal together.
- Give each other strength.
- Be willing… to change.
- Make your relationship a priority.
- Communicate. Communicate.
- Take one for the team.
- The more you love your partner, the more you love your life.
- Become one team.
- Have a shared mission.
- Give each other space… but not too much.
- Keep working at it. Don’t quit.